Our farm is participating in The Livestock Conservancy’s Shave ‘Em to Save ‘Em (SE2SE) initiative. If you are a fiber artist that spins, knits, crochets, needle felts, weaves, etc., don’t forget to visit http://www.rarewool.org and get your passport! (The passport is only $20.00.) You can earn items as you fill your passport with stickers!
Join us in this challenge and help us raise awareness for endangered heritage breeds of sheep!
We have fleece-in-the-grease for sale as well as un-dyed yarn fresh from the mill. I’m happy to sell locks and/or fleece by the ounce and yarn by the hank. We last finished shearing on May 14 of 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT coat our sheep, but we do make an effort to feed them on the ground, rather than overhead, during the winter. You may find some hay and straw in the fleece, which should come out easily during the scouring, flicking, and combing processes. At shearing, I skirt to remove any dags, burs, belly and leg wool, and wool with large amounts of hair mixed in. I tend to leave hip wool, even if slightly felted, because I charge a flat price.
Gulf Coast Wool Price List:
- Un-dyed, 2-ply, lightweight, worsted yarn hank (150 yards or ~2 ounces) of 100% wool – $10.00 + shipping (USPS) (buy more than one hank and get 20% off!)
My Best Fleeces – Spinning – (4-6″ staple length, weighing between 5-7 lbs.):
- Whole fleece-in-the-grease (2022 clipping is available!) – $60.00 + shipping (USPS)
- Half fleece-in-the-grease (2022 clipping is available!) – $30.00 + shipping (USPS)
Hawk’s 2022 Fleece (whole fleece only) – $75.00 + shipping (USPS)SOLD
- Heron’s 2022 Fleece (whole fleece only) – $75.00 + shipping (USPS)
Not-My-Best Fleeces – Felting/Stuffing/Mulching – (3-4″ staple length, weighing between 3-5 lbs.):
- Whole fleece-in-the-grease (2022 clipping is available!) – $40.00 + shipping USPS)
- Half fleece-in-the-grease (2022 clipping is available!) – $20.00 + shipping (USPS)
Note: I use PayPal for transactions. Please contact me for a shipping estimate.